100g All-purpose flour or (50g bread flour and 50g cake flour)
90g white sugar
60g unsalted butter - at room temperature
50g sour cream - at room temperature
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 fine salt
1 large size egg
1 teaspoon orange flower water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50ml butter milk or milk
30-35g pearl sugars
For the frosting :
130g unsalted butter - at room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoon heavy cream
2 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
Nonpareils (your choice of color)
Preheat the oven to 190 C degrees.
1.In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt. Sift them (all dry ingredients) and put them aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together softened butter and sugar. Whisk them at high until light and fluffy. Add egg and sour cream each in turn. Mix them in each case. Put in orange flower water and vanilla. Mix them until well combined.
3. Add 1/3 flour mixture to wet ingredients and combine. Add 1/2 buttermilk (or milk) and mix well. Add another 1/3 flour mixture and mix. Add the rest of buttermilk (or milk) and mix. Add the rest of flour mixture. Stir well until combined and the batter should be very smooth.
4. Sprinkle pearl sugars on it and stir them well.
5.Spoon the batter into lined cupcake pan, filling them barely over halfway.
6. Place into the oven and bake them for about 18-20 mins. Don't over bake :)
Remove the cupcakes from oven to cool them down completely.
7. In a medium size bowl, beat softened butter and confectioner's sugar at low to medium speed until light and fluffy! Gradually add sour cream (optional) and heavy cream and beat them until combined well.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and finish off with your favorite color nonpareils:)