100g unsalted butter - cut butter into small cubes
65ml cold water
1/4 tsp fine salt
1. Sift flour and salt in a bowl.
2. In a food processor, pulse together sifted flour and salt. Then add cold butter cubes, pulse them for about 10 seconds to mix, then add cold water. Pulse them again until it forms fine crumbs. Be careful not to over mix. There should still be some big chunks of butter, and the dough is not formed yet : It is normal.
3. Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it and shape the dough into a rectangles.
4. Roll out the dough to about 0.5cm thickness with a rolling pin, keeping it in a rectangle shape. Fold the dough up twice and then again roll out the dough to about 0.5 cm thick. Rotate 90 degrees and repeat the same for 5 times.
5. If the pastry becomes warm, stop the work, wrap it and chill for about 20mins before continuing.
6. Fold the dough into a small size rectangles to chill. Chill it for 3 hours before using.
7. Otherwise wrap and chill until needed. You can also freeze it in a zip lock bag.