1. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry garlic until fragrant. Add onion and pine nuts and cook until the onion wilted. Add shrimp, continue stir frying for another a few minutes.
2. Add all the seasoning ingredients and mix to combine evenly.
3. Mix potato starch with water, add to the filling mixture, mix quickly to thicken soup. Let it cool completely.
4. In a small cup, add flour and water (for the glue) and mix well. Set aside. Place the filling mixture near the top edge of the spring roll wrapper and roll them up tightly. Dab a little glue mixture along the edges to seal. Repeat it until the filling mixture finish.
5. Add about 1cm of oil in the pan, gently add the spring rolls into the heated oil, frying in small batches. Cook both side until golden brown evenly and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels.