1. In a small frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil and cook zha cai until fragrant. Set aside.
2. Wrap the tofu with 2 layers of paper towels and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for about 2~3min at 600W. Let it cool to room temperature. Then crush it into tiny pieces, using your hands. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add the crumbled tofu, all the ingredient A and zha cai (from No.1). Mix together well.
4. Moisten your hands and take a handful of the croquette mixture, then shape it into round (about 3 cm diam). Coat all around with panko/bread crumbles or plain flour. Repeat this process until you use all the mixture.
5. Deep-fry the tofu meatballs, turning them occasionally until all sides are light brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
6. In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix. In a frying-pan, add the sauce and place meatballs and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally for about a few minutes to evenly coat.