1. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the garlic until fragrant and add the onion, cook until lightly browned.
2. Add the butter and melt completely, then add the flour. Stir and mix well.
3. Add milk little by little and continue simmering until thick, stirring occasionally with a spatula.
4. Add kosher salt, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Mix.
5. Add, scallion, shrimps, crab sticks and mix well. (or shrimps, brown mushroom)
6. Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture on a plate or a baking pan. Leave it to cool. Then cover with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge (or freezer if you are in hurry.) for about 1h or more until it's firm.
(The mixture is very soft, so better make it firm well so that easy to handle for the next steps.)
7. Lightly wet your hands with water and make small portions. The shape can be rough at this stage, it does not matter too much.
8. Dip each croquette (in this order) in flour, egg then panko. Make sure to coat with panko evenly all around, making the croquette into a nice round shape.
9. In a large cooking pot, heat the oil on medium-high heat to about 170C degree or until small bubbles appear around your chopstick. Deep fry 2 or 3 croquettes until all sides are nicely brown.
10. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain off the excess oil. Repeat with the remaining croquettes.
1. Cook macaroni in boiling water with salt according to the package.
2. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil) over medium heat, and cook chicken until no longer pink.
3. Add onion, shallot and mushrooms, cook until the onion is softer.
4. Add butter and melt it at medium heat, then add flour and mix well.
5. Add milk little by little, stir constantly. When the sauce gets thicker, season with ingredient A. Heat it in a low heat for a couple of minutes until the milk starts bubbling (do not overcook), mixing constantly.
6. Add macaroni and let it be well coated with the sauce.
7. Transfer into the baking dish.
8. Cover with mozzarella cheese, (or your choice of cheese) and bake in the oven at 200℃ for 30 to 40 mins.