3g cream stabiliser (particularly if your cream is less than 35% fat)
10 to 15g white sugar
1. In a heat-safe cup, add butterfly pea tea and pour the boiling water. Let it sit for a few minutes and set aside.
2. In a cooking bowl, add white egg, and sugar. Mix gently (using a cooking spoon) to prevent bubbles from appearing.
3. Add milk gradually and mix. Then add sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and mix.
4. Strain and add the tea base, using a cooking sieve. Squeeze out as much as possible : the more you squeeze, the more intensely blue the result :) Mix gently.
5. Strain the mixture with a sieve twice. Transfer into heat-safe cups. Cover with aluminium foil.
6. Bring water to a boil and set the steam tray over, using the lowest heat. Place the puddings.
(NOTE : use a medium burner not the high output one, as indicated by the red arrows in the gas stove picture) Cover and steam for 45 to 60 min. It should be wobbly but the surface should hold firm and still.
7. Cover with lids and chill in the fridge until it has set and cooled.
For the topping :
8. In a small cup, add sugar and cream stabilizer. Mix. In a cooking pot, add the heavy cream and sugar mix, and mix with a electric hand mixer until getting the texture you like.
1. Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a fying-pan, cook pork (or chicken) until almost cooked. Then add eggplants and continue cooking until lightly wilted. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a cooking pot over medium heat. Saute garlic uand ginger until fragrant and add the homemade green curry paste, cook until aromatic (about 3 min), add the coconut milk and water.
3. cooked pork and eggplant mix (from step1), and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and let it simmer for about 5 mins.
4. Add fish sauce and mix. Sprinkle a dash of salt if need to your taste.
5. Finally add the red or green bell pepper and baby corn. Bring it to a quick boil.
800g boneless pork neck slab or shoulder / grillade de porc
For the marinade
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp thai seasoning sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp fine salt
dash of pepper to taste
1 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp thai sweet chili suace
1 tbsp fresh coriander or fresh chives - finely chopped
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1. In a medium bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and marinate the pork in it. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Next day, remove the pork and lightly pat to remove the excess marinade sauce.
3. Grill the pork over a medium-low heat fry-pan or grill pan : Cook for about 5 min, turning until lightly browned. Then cover about 3 min at low heat, turn the pork and cover again for about 3 min. Remove the lid and cook for a few more min at medium low heat until more browned. Pour the rest of marinade sauce and bring it to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Slice the grilled pork and serve with dipping sauce.