1. In a wok or skillet, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Add onion, red onion, carrot and cook, finally add ground beef, continue stir-frying until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Add "seasoning" ingredients (cooking sake, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, honey, ketchup, tomato paste, kosher salt, curry powder, paprika powder). Stir for another 3~5min over low heat. Then add green bell pepper. Cook for another few minutes.
3. Add mustard and sugar. Stir well.
4. Serve with hot steamed rice, top with an egg over the rice.
1. In a bowl add all the seasoning ingredients and mix.
2. Place the pork in a container or ziplock bag. Add the sauce (from step 1) and Marinate 24 to 48 hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 190℃.
4. Line a tray with foil and place the marinated pork. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven once and flip the pork. Bake for another 15 minutes at 200℃.
6. Remove from the oven once more and flip the pork. Cook again, 8 to 10 minutes, at 200℃.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Transfer the dipping sauce from the ziplock bag to a small cooking pan and bring it to a boil. Once it has boiled, simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce has thickened a little. Set aside.
8. Wait 10-15 minutes before slicing.
9. Slice the pork thickness as per your taste, then serve with sauce!
Char Siu is good for the ramen topping, also fried rice! Or why not make the char siu buns:)
1. Cook the pasta : bring water to a boil, stir in salt (1 tsp) and add the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying-pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until wilted.
3. Add the butter in the pan and let it melt completely. Then add the flour to the mixture, stirring to combine with the onions.
4. Pour the milk gradually. Mix well each time. Once all the milk is incorporated, add shrimps and ham, mix well. Then add also the seasoning salt, sugar, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, stirring frequently. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Finally, add the cooked pasta. Mix well.
6. Divide the mixture into each baking dish. Top with shredded cheese (of your choice), as much as you want, over the gratin.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 200℃. Bake the gratin for 15 min. Cover with alminium and bake 5 min more.