1. Start by cooking your rice. Meanwhile make the sushi vinegar : In a cooking pot add vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook until almost boiled and sugar and salt are completely melted. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
2. Transfer the cooked rice into a heat-safe bowl, and pour the sushi vinegar from #1 on it. 'Slice' the rice with a rice paddle and let it cool down.
4. Spread about 180g sushi rice evenly. Leave an about 2cm edge uncovered.
5. Spread mayonnaise along the center line, as much as you want, over the rice. Place avocado, onion and salmon along that line too. Then roll up the maki tightly with a sushi rolling mat. Make 2 more sushi rolls.
6. Cut slices in the sushi roll with a clean and moistened knife. Please clean your knife before each new slice.
1. In a small pan, add the ingredient A. Bring to a boil. Set aside, this is the sushi vinegar.
2. Wash the rice well and drain. Transfer the rice in the rice cooker bowl and add water. Press to start. Once it is done, let the rice set in for about 10min.
3. Transfer the rice to a sushi rice mixing tub or a medium size bowl. Pour sushi vinegar over the rice. Slice mix the rice with a rice paddle gently to combine vinegar and rice together well. Add white sesame and mix. Let it cool down.
4.Egg Whisk the eggs, add sugar and salt. Whisk to combine well. Heat a non-stick frying pan and grease it, wipe off the excess oil. Pour beaten eggs to the pan and swirl the pan to cover the surface of the pan in a thin layer. Cook until just set, then flip over and cook for a few seconds. Transfer the egg to a plate to let cool. When it is cooled, roll up and cut into thin ribbons. Set aside.
5.Crab sticks In a small bowl, add crab and mix with mayonnaise. Set aside.
6. Arrange sushi with all the toppings you’ve prepared. Decorate your chirashi sushi as you like! (Here is was I did here : First I spreaded the shredded egg over the rice, then from edge to center crabs, shrimps, smoked salmon. Spread cucumber. Finally place ikura as you like.)
4 rice cooker cups of rice - about 450g (uncooked Japanese rice, short grain)
4 rice cooker cups of water (160ml x 4 = 640ml)
For the seasoning of rice (A)
100ml apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
12g salt (2 tsp)
For the filling
100g crab sticks - roughly chopped
160g ham - chopped
300g cucumber - cut into small cubes (or 200g green beans - cut into small pices)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp fine salt
20 mini tomatoes - cuto into half
120g smoked salmon - cut into bite sizes
1. In a small pan, add the ingredient A. Bring to boil. Set aside, this is the sushi vinegar.
2. Wash the rice well and drain. Transfer the rice in the rice cooker bowl and add water. Press to start. Once it is done, let the rice set in for about 10 mins.
3. Transfer the rice to a sushi rice mixing tub (moistend with a water) or a medium bowl, and pour sushi vinegar over the rice. Slice mix the rice with a rice paddle gently to combine vinegar and rice together well. Let it cool down.
4.Making scrambled eggs In a bowl, add egg, sugar and salt and mix well. Heat some oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. Mix with 4 to 5 chopsticks, forming large soft curds. Set aside.
5. In an another bowl, add cucumber and mix with salt. Leave for about 15 min. Drain well and mix with mayonnaise. Set aside.
6. Now add all the filling ham, cucumber (or green beans), egg, crab sticks into the sushi rice. Mix gently with a rice paddle. Do not over mix. Laslyt, add the tomatoes and mix lightly. Arrange some smoked salmon over the sushi for topping.