1. In a bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside. Pre-heat the oven 170℃.
2.Start with the Nutella filling Use a teaspoon and place 10 portions of Nutella on the prepared baking sheet. Place them gently in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes or until firm. As they get harder they will be easy to use.
3.Meanwhile make the cookie dough In a bowl, add the butter (softened), sugar (both brown and white), salt and mix well with a spatula until smooth.
4. Incorporate the egg little by little (to prevent curdling) and make into a smooth mixture.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients from #1 until combined with a spatula. Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and let it sit about 30min in the fridge.
6. Divide the cookie dough into 10 pieces (about 15g each). Roll each one into a ball, then flatten it. Place one frozen nutella portion (from the freezer) in the middle of the flattened cookie and pull the edges together to wrap the nutella ball.
7. Place them on a cooking sheet. Bake for 9~10min until the cookies look puffy but the centers still look soft. Do not overbake.
8. Remove from the oven. At that point I like to immediately press lightly the cookies to create a sort of decoration. Let it cool on the trays for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool down completely.
1. Heat a frying pan, roast sifted flour and almond powder over low heat until the color turns a light brown. Make sure to stir while toasting to prevent the flour from being burnt. Remove from the heat. Let it cool down.
2. Preheat the oven to 150 ℃ degree.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the softened butter and powdered sugar until well combined.
4. Add toasted flour from #1 into the butter mixture and mix well. The texture should be like lightly damp sand.
5. Roll out the dough to about 0.5cm (1/4 inch) thick. Cut it into a circle shape using a cookie cutter. Then place on the baking sheet you prepared.
6. Bake them for about 20 minutes. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Dont play around to much with them as they are so soft.
7. Immediately sift extra powdered sugar generously over the cookies and serve.