1. In a small cup add water and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Mix dry ingredients (plain flour, gluten, tapioca flour) in a bowl. Transfer to the "Philips Pasta Maker" equipped with "0.8mm sheet pasta disk". Close lid.
3. Turn the machine on and choose the setting. Press Start.
4. Slowly pour water mix through the opening in the lid.
5. Gyoza sheet will begin to form and it will come out within 3 minutes. Stop the machine once when the first 10cm are out, then cut them off. Put them back in the machine's mixing tank. That's because the first gyoza sheet is not smooth enough ;-)
6. Resume the machine and the gyoza sheet will be extruded again, as you fold the sheet, dust with potato starch. Do not cut it until the machine stops.
7. Lightly dust your chopping board with potato starch. Lay the sheet of dough on it and cut it out using a circle cookie cutter (about 9cm diameter). Dust the cut out wrappers with katakuriko/potato starch if necessary and set aside. Repeat as many times as you can (do not throw away the excess sheet).
8. Enjoy with your favorite filling!
9. Spread the excess cuts on an oven sheet, sprinkle ketchup and cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes at 200℃. Quick pizza is done :)
If you want to make them thinner, you can stretch the sheet with a rolling pin before cutting each circle.
1. In a wok or skillet, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Add onion, red onion, carrot and cook, finally add ground beef, continue stir-frying until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Add "seasoning" ingredients (cooking sake, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, honey, ketchup, tomato paste, kosher salt, curry powder, paprika powder). Stir for another 3~5min over low heat. Then add green bell pepper. Cook for another few minutes.
3. Add mustard and sugar. Stir well.
4. Serve with hot steamed rice, top with an egg over the rice.
1. Add all the ingredient A into a medium bowl and add the chicken to marinate at least 30 minutes (or even overnight) in the fridge.
2.Making Sauce : In a bowl, add all the dipping sauce ingredients and mix. Let it sit in the fridge until use.
3. Add plain flour and katakuriko/potato starch in a plate and roll the chicken pieces in it until coated.
4. Heat 2 to 3 cm deep of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Carefully add some chicken pieces (depending on your saucepan's size) and deep-fry them, turning occasionally, until crisp and cooked through. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
1. Add bread flour, (or T65 + gluten flour), sugar, salt, butter, milk, water and mayonnaise in the pan of your bread machine. Add yeast in your machine's yeast compartment. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the machine and place on a floured surface.
3. Punch the dough down and divide it in 8 (or 6 pieces) pieces. Cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rest for 10 to 15min.
4. Shape each piece into a round ball. Arrange on lined baking trays. Cover and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume.
5. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for about 15min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
150g steamed japanese rice (microwave it if the rice was frozen)
1 tbsp sesame
1. In a heat-safe bowl, add rice flour, grated curry roux (or curry powder), sugar and salt. Mix well.
2. Slowly pour the boiled water, using a digital cooking scale. Mix with a silicone spatula until it comes together.
3. Add the steamed rice (microwave it 30s at 600W if it was frozen) and sesame. Knead with your hand (or spatula) until well combined. Pre-heat the oven to 200℃ degree.
4. Spoon some rice mixture (1 to 2 tbsp) and make a ball shape, then flatten it with your hand. Make it thinner using your finger. Place on a baking sheet on an oven tray. Repeat until you use up all the rice mixture.
NOTE : Thinner will make a more crispy senbei!
5. Bake the tray 10min, remove from the oven once and flip all the senbei. Then put it back to the oven and bake again for 10 min.