50g cream cheese (e.g. philadelphia Plain Cream Cheese)
85g white sugar
200g heavy cream (whipping cream)
5g gelatin - dissolve in 20ml water
100g whole milk
For the topping
5g unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Line the bottom of a 15 cm circle cake pan (removable bottom) with parchment paper.
2. Process flour, almond powder, sugar and coffee powder in a food processor for a few seconds and then add butter. Process until mixture becomes crumbly : do not process too much as the dough should be crumbly.
3. Spread the crumbs onto the baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 25 mins or until lightly brown at 160℃. Remove from the oven. Put aside 40g cookies for the topping.
4. While the crumbs is hot, press them into the bottom, using a spatula. Set the cake pan aside in the fridge.
5. In a bowl, add mascarpone, cream cheese and sugar. Mix well until soft.
6. In a small pan, add the milk and heat it up to about 50~60℃ degree (do not boil), then add the dissolved gelatin. Melt it well and let it cool to room temperature.
7. Pour the milk into the cream cheese mixture little by little and mix well each addition.
8. In a another bowl, add the heavy cream and whip to soft peak, then mix with the cream cheese mixture well.
9. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cake pan (from the fridge). Crush the topping cookies which you put aside at the step 3, using a wooden stick and add cocoa powder and sugar. Mix well.
10. Sprinkle the topping cookies onto the cake and let stand for at least 6 hours or overnight in the fridge.
Tip on How to unmold : wet a towel with hot water and apply to the side of cake pan gently. Place the cake mold onto the jar (like a jam jar) and slide the side or the cake pan down.