1. In a bowl, mix together the white miso paste, cooking sake, mirin and sugar until it forms a smooth paste for the marinade. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle salt over the salmon and set aside for about 30min. Salt will draw excess water/liquid and smell from the fish.
3. Gently pat dry with paper towel to remove the moisture of salmon. Do not wash with water after that!
4. Pour half of the marinade sauce in a flat bottom container. Place the salmon in the container and pour the rest of marinade sauce on top of it so as to coat both sides.
5. Cover with saran wrap and keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
if you cook with the saucepan
6. Wipe excess miso marinade off the fillets (use your hands, don't rinse it off). Heat up a grill pan lined with cooking sheet paper over medium heat and place the salmon skin down first. After a few minutes, turn the salmon over and grill the other side for another a few minutes until they are lightly browned or until the salmon is almost cooked through.
if you cook in your oven
alt. 6. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Wipe excess miso marinade off the fillets (use your hands, don't rinse it off) and place the fish skin side up on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Then bake about 10 to 15 minutes or until the salmon is almost cooked through.