Chocolate cupcake with pumpkin cream cheese frosting
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: About 25 small size cupcakes
100g all-purpose flour or ( 50g bread flour and 50g cake flour )
30g cocoa powder unsweetened
80g brown sugar
20g white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1 large size egg
50g unsalted butter - at room temperature
80g sour cream - at room temperature
80ml butter milk or ( just milk )
2 tablespoon coconuts oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
90g unsalted butter - at room temperature
80g cream cheese - at room temperature
2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoon heavy cream
* 1 or 2 tablespoon pumpkin powder if desired ( optional )
* A dash of yellow and red food coloring if desired to put more color
( optional )
Preheat the oven to 190 C degrees.
1. In a large bowl, combine flours, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Sift them (all dry ingredients) and put them aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together softened butter and sugar. whisk them at high until light and fluffy. Add egg, sour cream and coconuts oil each in turn. Mix them in each case. Put in vanilla until well combined
3. Add 1/3 flour mixture to wet ingredients and combine. Add 1/2 buttermilk (or milk) and mix well. Add another 1/3 flour mixture and mix. Add the rest of buttermilk (or milk) and mix. Add the rest of flour mixture. Stir well until combined and the batter should be very smooth.
4. Put the batter into lined cupcake pan with small size spoon, filling them barely over halfway.
5. Place into the oven and bake them for about 18-20 mins. Don't over bake:) Remove the cupcakes from oven to cool them down completely.
6. In a medium size bowl, beat softened butter and confectioner's sugar at low to medium speed until light and fluffy! Gradually add softened cream cheese and heavy cream and beat them until combined well.
(Optional) Add pumpkin powder (food coloring) if desired.
Note: Add 1 tablespoon milk to pumpkin powder before putting them to the cream.