1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder (1/2 tbsp hot water)
chocolate chip (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a small cup, melt the coffee powder with 1/2 tbsp hot water and put it aside to cool down.
3. In a medium bowl place butter and sugar. Mix them together with hand mixer (medium speed should do) until smooth and fluffy. Add lukewarm coffee and grand marnier. Beat on low speed until well-blended.
4. Sift flour into the mixture and continue mixing until the dough looks uniform with a spatula.
5. Make dough into flat pieces about 2cm round. Place a chocolate chip in the center before covering and closing it completely. Roll the dough into tiny 'coffee bean' oval shape, etch a line across the oval with the knife, and then place them on the baking sheet you prepared.
6. Bake them for about 10 to 15 mins. Let the cookies cool down completely.