1. Make the soup In a large stockpot, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil (extra) and then fry garlic, ginger for about 1 mins. Add chicken meat. Fill with enough water to cover the chicken, bring to boil and then cook it over lower heat for about 20 mins (make sure Chicken is cooked completely). You can add water when necessary. Leave it cool and set aside.
2. When the soup is cool, remove chicken from the soup and set aside for later. Strain the chicken soup. Save 4 to 5 tbsp chicken soup into a small cup for the sauce and set aside.
3. Meanwhile wash and drain the rice, and place it into your rice cooker bowl. Set aside.
4. Pour 3 cup of the lukewarm chicken soup onto the rice (in the rice cooker bowl). If you don't have enough for 3 cups, then top up with water. Add sliced ginger, chopped garlic and small quantity of coriander (it will bring a nice taste). Start the rice cooker. Once the rice is done, let it steam for another 10 minutes. Then toss the rice gently with a rice paddle.
5. Make the sauce In a small cooking pan, add the 4 tbsp chicken soup you kept in #2, then combine all the sauce ingredients, mix well. Bring it to boil and once it boiled, them remove from the heat.
6. To put the meal together, serve a portion of rice on a plate and put the chicken (cut into bite-sizes pieces) on the side of the rice, or lay chicken on top of the rice (your preference, really). Garnish with coriander or cucumber if desired. Serve with the sauce.