1. In large saucepan, heat water, salt and chicken stock cube to a simmer, add saffron and turn off the heat. Set aside.
2. In a fry pan, heat a little bit of oil and brown the chorizo on both sides. Set aside.
3. In a another fry pan, heat the olive oil and add garlic. Fry over medium-high heat, until fragrant or beginning to brown. Add the onion and fry until softened.
4. Then, add the rice, paprika powder in the fry pan and cook for about 5 min, stirring constantly.
5. Add the soup on the rice at a time. Bring to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low. Simmer the rice over low heat, covered with aluminium foil for about 30 mins (or until either the rice is tender or water evaporates). Add more water little by little when/if necessary. Now turn to high and cook for about 3 mins to make scorched rice.