3 rice cooker cups of rice – 450g (uncooked Japanese rice short grain)
3 rice cooker cups of water
For the sushi vinegar
180ml rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tbspg white sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
For the topping
2 salmon fillet - grilled and flake the meat using chopsticks or folks
3 eggs - scrambled
2 tomatoes - cut into 1cm cube
1 avocado - cuto into 1cm cube (Mix with 1 tbsp lemon juice for keeping an avocado from turning brown
6 crab kanikama stick (crab stick)- cut in small pieces
2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
4 tbsp mayonnaise
50g grated cheddar cheese
For the garnish
some chives - finely choopped
some soy sauce, to your taste
1. In a small pan, add rice vinegar, white sugar and salt. Bring to boil. Set aside, this is the sushi vinegar.
2. Wash the rice well and drain. Transfer the rice in the rice cooker bowl and add water. Press to start. Once it is done, let the rice set in for about 10 mins.
3. Transfer the rice to the medium bowl, and pour sushi vinegar over the rice. Slice mix the rice with a rice paddle gently to combine vinegar and rice well and let it cool down.
4. In a small frying pan, fry the garlic until fragant, and add kanikama, cook for a few mins. Add the mayonnaise and stir. Remove the heat and let cool.
5. Add the topping ingredients, salmon, egg, kanikama, tomato, avocado and cheese onto the rice. Mix gently with a rice paddle. Do not over mix. Last, sprinkle the chives onto the rice for the garnish.