1. Scoop the middle of the eggplant out leaving about 1 cm around the sides. Chop the scooped out eggplant and set aside.
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add onion and stir, add ground beef and stir. Add the scooped out eggplant and cook for a few mins. Cover and simmer for about 5 to 10 mins.
3. Un-cover and add all the ingredient A and cook more for about 2 to 3 mins.
4. Dissolve katakuriko in water (B), and pour over the beef mixture and thicken soup. Pre-heat the oven to 190 C degree.
5. Place the eggplant shells sides up on the oven tray, fill them with the filling evenly among the shells. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot.