about 300g heavy cream (at least more than 35% fat)
30 to 40g white sugar
Some of your favorite fruits (strawberries, bananas, peach, mango etc...) - Slice thinly
Making the meringue cakes
Preheat the oven to 180℃ degree and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
1. In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar (70g), and continue to beat until the meringue is thick, glossy and very stiff.
2. Add egg yolk one by one, and mix until obtain a cream.
3. Add the sifted flour and mix with a spatula, until just incorporated.
4. Spread the cake dough into a circle (about 20 cm diameter) on the prepared baking tray. Smoothen the top of the cake.
5. Sift "B" (confectioners sugar, then the corn starch) over the cake.
6. Use the back of a knife or spoon to make decorative lines (see photo).
7. Bake for about 20 mins at 180℃ degree. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature on the wire rack.
For the filling cream
8. In a mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream and sugar, beat at high speed until stiff.
All together now
9. Slice the cake horizontally into 2 layers. Spread half of the whipped cream evenly onto the bottom layer. Arrange fruits slices evenly over the cream and top with the other half of the whipped cream to cover the fruits. Place the top cake layer above.