1. Make caramel sauce Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, bring it to a boil. Continue stirring to caramelize the sugar. Remove from the heat and quickly add 1 tbsp boiled water. Mix well.
2. Pour the caramel sauce evenly into the pudding cups.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and salt. Mix well.
4. Gradually add the heavy cream and milk. Mix until combined but not foamy. Strain the pudding mixture twice through a fine sieve.
5. Pour the mixture over the caramelized sugar. Cover each cup with aluminum foil. Place them on the steamer. Cover and steam the pudding over medium heat for 5 minutes and then reduce the heat to lowest, let it cook for about 35min more. Remove from the heat and let it sit for 20min with lid on top (keep it well closed).
6. Remove the aluminum foil and chill the pudding in the fridge for a few hours before serving.