1. Make the meat mixture In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil and cook ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add bean sprout, leek and cook until wilted. Add the ground beef, stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Add ingredients 'A' to season and mix well. Set aside.
3. Make the soup In a cooking pot, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add water and milk. Bring it to a boil. Add ingredients 'B' to season. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, boil the udon by following the instructions of the package. Drain and divide noodles into serving bowls and pour the hot soup over udon. Top with the meat mixture from #2.
5. Top with onsen tamago / soft boiled eggs (optional) if you like.