about 150g to 200g strawberry - sliced and mixed with a tsp white sugar
Optional for whipped cream decoration
80g heavy cream - add 10g sugar and beat until firm peaks form
1. Make the tart Process flour, almond powder, sugar, butter and egg yolk in a food processor for a few seconds until mixture becomes crumbly : do not process too much as the dough should be crumbly.
2. Transfer the dough onto a work surface. Gather it into a ball shape of dough with your hands. Gently flatten the ball into a disk shape and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30min.
3. Roll the dough Put a plastic wrap covering on your work surface, place the dough on it. Then cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Let it sit for a few min to soften slightly. Roll the dough out into a circle bigger than your tart mold. Take off from the bottom wrap and place gently into your tart mold (or ring). Using a sharp knife, trim the edges of the pastry to fit the tart pan. Take off the top wrap and prick bottom and side of tart thoroughly with a fork. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer until firm (about 30min).
4. Almond filling In a medium bowl, stir together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add beaten egg and mix. Finally add the almond flour and mix well until fluffy and thoroughly combined.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180℃. Spread the filling into the tart crusts and bake for about 30~40min or until the top is nicely browned. Remove from the oven and let it to cool to room temperature.
6. Pastry cream In a small bowl, add sugar, egg yolk and mix well. Sift the flour in the bowl to combine them. Mix well.
7. Pour the milk gradually onto the egg mixture. Mix well until combined evenly.
8. Strain the mixture to saucepan using a strainer and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, using a wooden spoon or a spatula. When the sauce thickens enough, remove from the heat. Pour the pastry cream over the tart (over the almond filling). Let it to cool to room temperature.
9. Arrange the sliced strawberry over the tart to decorate.
10. If you want to decorate with whipped cream Fit a decorating bag with a star tip (about 1cm) and fill with cream. Squeeze cream out of the tip to create pastry decoration over the strawberry as you like.