Custard pudding with caramel sauce
6 cups (120ml)
- 2 eggs
- 40g sugar
- 40g sweetened condensed milk
- 400g milk
- 60g heavy cream
- a dash of salt
For the caramel sauce
- 60g white sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp boiled water
- 1. make the caramel sauce Put the sugar and water (4 tbsp) in the cooking pot. Heat over medium-high heat. Swirl the cooking pot and even out the sugar liquid. Don't use any utensils to stir the sugar as the may be crystallized.
- 2. When it has reached the brown color you want, remove from the heat. Don’t wait too much or the the sugar will burn and the caramel will be bitter. Immediately add 3 tbsp boiled water. Swirl the cooking pot to mix evenly.
- 3. Right away, pour the sauce into each pudding molds. Set aside to cool.
- 4. make the egg mixture Pre-heat oven at 160˚C.
- 5. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and lightly beat them with a whisk. Avoid creating too much foam. Set aside.
- 6. In cooking pot, add a dash of salt, sugar, condensed milk, heavy cream and milk. Heat it almost boiled (but below 70℃).
- 7. Pour the milk mixture thoughtfully to the beaten egg and mix gently with a spatula.
- 8. Sieve the mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove any lumps. Do this twice. Gently pour the mixture into the pudding molds evenly.
- 9. Cover each pudding cup with aluminum foil (tried not with, also it worked nicely though). Prepare a hot water (about 50℃) bath using a deep roasting tray and, then gently place the cups in it. The hot water has to reach about 2/5 of the height of the cups.
- 10. Bake the puddings at 160˚C for 20 min. If the surface of the puddings wobbles a bit when lightly shaken, it is probably the right time to remove them from the oven.
- 11. Let the puddings cool down (for 15~30min), and store them in the fridge.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply