1. In a pressure cooking pot, heat vegetable oil until hot. Add and cook garlic until fragrant, then add the pork (or beef) and fry for a few minutes.
2. Add carrot and onion and fry for a few more minutes.
3. Add the water (500ml) and stir to combine. Cover the lid and lock the pressure cooker. Turn the heat to high. When the pressure builds up, turn the heat down to low and cook at high pressure for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the pressure come down naturally.
4. Add water (500ml) and the seasoning ingredients (dashi powder, maggie cube, mirin, sugar and curry roux). Using a wooden spoon, dissolve the roux completely. Make sure you stir once in a while so the curry will not get burnt on the bottom. Then pour the milk (or 200ml water) and bring it to a boil.
5. Meanwhile bring a big pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, cook the udon until cooked through. Set aside.
6. Serve the udon in a bowl and pour milk curry over. Top with green onion if you like (or you can add the udon into the pressure cooking pot and cook for about 5 minutes together with the curry soup. Also good!) and serve into each serving bowl.