Asian & Wafu, Cooking, Cooking Recipe, Everyday cooking, Fast & Yummy, Salad, Vegetables
Servings: 5 persons
3 large size potato (600g) – cut into thick slices
200g cucumber (about 0.5cm cubes) or broccoli (small pieces)
1 carrot – about 0.5 cm cubes
100g ham – thin slices, cut into small pieces (optional)
1/2 onion – thinly sliced, (soak in 1 cup water and 1 tsp vinegar and drain)
2 hard boiled eggs – chopped
For the seasoning :
1 1/2tsp white sugar
2 tsp rice or apple vinegar
1/2 tsp salt (or less)
dash of pepper to taste
2 tbsp heavy cream
1. Sprinkle salt over the cucumber. After about 15min drain them and set aside. In a small bowl, add 1 cup water and 1 tsp vinegar, then soak the thinly sliced onion for about 10min. Remove from the water, drain and set aside.
2. Add potatoes and salt (1 tsp) in a pot and pour enough water to cover them. Bring it to a boil and cook for 10~15min or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat and drain. Mash them until no lumps remain. Set aside.
3. Put the carrots in a small cooking pot, pour hot water and let it boil until the carrots are tender. Set aside.
4. Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. In a large size bowl, mix all the ingredients (potatoes, carrot, onion, cucumber, ham (optional), egg) together. Add the mixed seasoning and mix to combine.
6. Add salt and pepper to your taste and chill in the fridge before serving.