1. Coat the block beef with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and let sit for about 30 min.
2. On a frypan, grill the beef (only its surface) on all sides until well browned.
3. Preheat your oven to 110℃ degrees.
4. Place the roast beef onto a baking dish. I usually put aluminium foil on the baking dish. Bake for 50min or more. (Depend on how your beef is big.)
NOTE : Insert your meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, if it shows 60 to 63℃ degree, then the meat is ready!
5. Wrap the roast up tightly in the foil and let it rest outside the oven at room temperature. While it is resting, it will continue to cook.
6. In the meantime, making the sauce In the same frying-pan (just remove any burnt garlic bits) fry the garlic until fragrant. Add shallot and cook until browned. Then add butter. Once the butter is melted, add all the other sauce ingredients (soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, sugar and mirin). Bring it to a boil and add olive oil (1 tbsp). Then transfer to your serving plate. Almost ready!
6. Using a sharp knife, slice the roast beef into thin slices (as per your taste) and serve with the sauce!