1. In a cooking pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the onion, carrot and green bell pepper (optional) and cook until wilted.
2. Add the butter and melt it completely. Then add flour, curry powder and cumin powder. Mix to combine over cook over medium-low heat.
*3.*Add the water little by little, mix well after each addition.
4. Bring it to a boil, adding all the seasoning ingredient. Set aside.
5.Now make the tonkatsu
Season the pork pieces with salt and pepper, dust with flour. Then dip them in the beaten egg+water mixture. Finally coat the pork with panko bread crumbs, evenly, pressing down gently. Both sides should be completely coated.
8. In a frying pan, heat up the cooking oil over medium high heat until it reaches about 180℃. Fry the pork until both sides are golden brown, turning them in the oil once or twice. Drain on a plate covered with paper towels.
9. Slice the cooked tonkatsu into strips. Serve the steamed rice into a serving bowl and pour the curry sauce. Place the sliced tonkatsu.
Garnish with beni shoga over the rice if you like!