200ml heavy cream/whipping cream (more than 35% fat is preferable)
30g white sugar
6g cremfix (whipped cream stabilizer) - better use this if your cream is less than 35% fat
1. Process flour, almond powder, sugar, dash of salt and zest of lemon in your food processor for a few seconds and then add butter. Process until the mixture becomes crumbly. Do not process too much : the dough should remain crumbly.
2. Prepare the tart ring (about 20cm diameter) by lightly greasing the edges of the ring with butter or cooking spray. Line the side of the ring with parchment paper. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Transfer the crumbles into the bottom of the tart ring (on the baking sheet). Spread it slightly up the sides of the tart ring too, pushing with your finger.
4. Bake 20~25min at 160℃.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
6. Meanwhile, make the lemon curd : In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. In a microwave safe bowl, add lemon juice and microwave 40~45s at 600W. Gradually add the hot lemon juice into the egg mixture. Mix well at each addition.
7. Transfer the egg mixture into a cooking pot, then add the butter. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
8. While the lemon curd is still hot, pour and spread it over the crust, filling it. Let it sit in the fridge until it has set.
9. Whip chilled whipping cream for a few seconds, add granulated sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form.
NOTE : If your cream is less than 35% fat, I recommend you to add whipped cream stabilizer (I used "cremfix" here). In that case, mix the cream stabilizer to the sugar ahead of this step. Then add when your cream is getting a soft peak.
10. Fit a pastry bag with your desired tip (here I used a small circle tip) and fill it with the cream. Pipe out the desired shape over the lemon curd. Let is sit in the fridge until serve.