150g steamed japanese rice (Reheat with a microwave if the rice was frozen.)
1 tbsp white or black sesame (your choice)
dash of soy sauce
1. In a heat-safe bowl, add rice flour and salt. Mix well.
2. Slowly pour the boiled water, using a cooking scale to help you add the right quantity. Mix with a silicone spatula until it comes together.
3. Add the steamed rice (microwave it for 30 sec at 600W if it was cold and hard), sesame and dash of soy sauce (optional). Knead with your hand until well combined. Pre-heat the oven to 200℃ degree.
4. Spoon some rice mixture (about 1 tbsp) and make it into a ball, then flatten it with your hand. Make it even thinner, using your fingers. Place on the baking sheet on an oven tray. Repeat until you have used up all the rice mixture.
NOTE : The thinner senbei will be crispier.
5. Bake senbei 10 min, pull it out from the oven once and flip all the senbei. Then put it back to the oven and bake for another 10 min.