1. In a heat safe bowl, add chocolate and melt it completely using a hot bath (about 50℃). Then add the corn flakes (crushed) and mix well. Spread over the baking tray and chill in the fridge until it has set.
2. In a bowl add egg yolk. Pour the milk little by little, and mix. Add sugar and mix. Transfer the milk mix into a small pan and heat up to 75~80℃ over medium heat, turn the heat to low and simmer for 3min, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
3. Using a fine mesh filter (your usual sieve will do), strain the milk into a heat-safe bowl, then add inverted sugar and condensed milk. Mix well to melt. Let it cool down completely in the water bath.
4. Once the milk mixture is cooled completely, add heavy cream. Mix well.
5. Transfer the ice cream mixture into your compressor ice cream maker and let it run according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take 40~60min, depending on how cold the mixture is. In case, you should let it run until the mixture turns thick and creamy.
6. Bring out the chocolate flakes from the fridge and crush them to even smaller pieces. Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, adding the chocolate flakes in. Mix them together. Chill until it has set!