3g cream stabiliser (particularly if your cream is less than 35% fat)
10 to 15g white sugar
1. In a heat-safe cup, add butterfly pea tea and pour the boiling water. Let it sit for a few minutes and set aside.
2. In a cooking bowl, add white egg, and sugar. Mix gently (using a cooking spoon) to prevent bubbles from appearing.
3. Add milk gradually and mix. Then add sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and mix.
4. Strain and add the tea base, using a cooking sieve. Squeeze out as much as possible : the more you squeeze, the more intensely blue the result :) Mix gently.
5. Strain the mixture with a sieve twice. Transfer into heat-safe cups. Cover with aluminium foil.
6. Bring water to a boil and set the steam tray over, using the lowest heat. Place the puddings.
(NOTE : use a medium burner not the high output one, as indicated by the red arrows in the gas stove picture) Cover and steam for 45 to 60 min. It should be wobbly but the surface should hold firm and still.
7. Cover with lids and chill in the fridge until it has set and cooled.
For the topping :
8. In a small cup, add sugar and cream stabilizer. Mix. In a cooking pot, add the heavy cream and sugar mix, and mix with a electric hand mixer until getting the texture you like.