180g chocolate (black, milk etc...) - crush into bite-size pieces
40g unsalted butter
100g heavy cream
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch - sifted
1. Pre-heat the oven to 130℃ (270F) degree. Grease the pound cake mold, dust with flour lightly and remove excess flour or line the pound cake mold with parchment paper.
2. In a small cooking pot, add heavy cream, butter and chocolate. Then heat until just melted over medium-low heat (without letting it boil), stir from time to time to avoid burning with a rubber spatula. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a bowl, add egg and sugar, carefully stir them using a whisk until just combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture into chocolate mixture in several batches, stir well for each addition.
5. Add the sifted corn starch and mix well.
6. Transfer the batter to prepared pound cake mold. Tap the mold lightly to even the surface.
7. Bake the chocolate terrine in a water bath in an oven preheated at 130C for about 1h.
8. Let it cool and chill for a few hours or even overnight.
1. In a frying-pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil, and stir-fry the eggplants for about 5 to 6 min. Then pour another 1 tbsp olive oil over the eggplants and cook until wilted. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add all the ingredient A and cooked eggplants (from step 1) and knead them well to combine evenly by hand.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan, and shape the portion with your hands into a patty. Place the patty onto the pan over medium heat. Cook both sides until lightly browned. Then simmer (for about 15 mins) with a lid over gentle heat.
4. Transfer the burger to the plate. Wipe out the frying pan to get rid of any scorch mark and add all the sauce ingredient. Heat over medium-low heat and re-place the patties and coat with the sauce well.