1. Prepare a mold (15x15cm square), insert parchment paper. (Paper must be higher than the mold, by 3 to 5cm). Cover the bottom of the mold with 2 aluminium layers. Set aside.
2. In a cooking bowl, add the oil and unsalted butter. Microwave 2 min at 600w to reach about 80℃. Add the flour, using a cooking sieve and mix well with an egg whisk. Set aside.
3. In a small cup, pour the milk and add the vanilla extract. Mix and microwave 20 sec at 600w to reach about 40℃. Then add it to the cake mixture in one go. Mix well.
4. Add egg yolks in 3 to 4 times. Mix lightly at each addition. Set aside.
5. In an another bowl, add white egg and whisk with an electric hand mixer. Once it starts getting harder, start adding the sugar in 3 to 4 times. Whisk until medium peaks form.
6. Add 1/3 of the egg white to the egg yolk mixture, mix well. Add another third, mix gently together. Finally add all the remaining white egg. Mix with a rubber spatula until egg whites and yolks are well combined.
7. Transfer into the prepared mold and flatten the surface with a rubber spatula. Remove bubbles using a chopstick.
8. In a oven-safe pan, over a folded cloth, place the cake mold. Add warm water (about 40℃), 2 to 3cm deep, and bake in a preheated oven (without fan) at 150C° for 1h ~ 1h 10mn.
9. Drop from about 10cm height to prevent deflating. Unmold and transfer onto a wire rack. Gently remove the parchment paper.
10 Cut in half the cake and slice to serve! You can also sandwich whipped cream in it and fruits to enjoy :)
1. Start by cooking your rice. Meanwhile make the sushi vinegar : In a cooking pot add vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook until almost boiled and sugar and salt are completely melted. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
2. Transfer the cooked rice into a heat-safe bowl, and pour the sushi vinegar from #1 on it. 'Slice' the rice with a rice paddle and let it cool down.
4. Spread about 180g sushi rice evenly. Leave an about 2cm edge uncovered.
5. Spread mayonnaise along the center line, as much as you want, over the rice. Place avocado, onion and salmon along that line too. Then roll up the maki tightly with a sushi rolling mat. Make 2 more sushi rolls.
6. Cut slices in the sushi roll with a clean and moistened knife. Please clean your knife before each new slice.
1. In a small cooking pot, add strawberry and sugar, cook until strawberries are soft.
2. Transfer into a safe-heat bowl and blend until smooth. Then set aside.
3. In an another bowl, add the butter (softened), and mix with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Then add the strawberry puree little by little (or else butter and puree would separate). Mix well at each addition, continue until you use it all up.
4. Add a dash of salt if you used unsalted butter. Mix. Transfer into a small cup, cover and chill in the fridge.
Enjoy with a slice of bread or anything else you like!
1. In a cooking pot, heat 1 tsp vegetable oil and cook the pork. When the pork is almost cooked, add carrot, leek and shiitake. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
2. Pour the water (800ml) and bring it to a boil, adding chicken soup powder, cooking sake, soy sauce, kosher salt, oyster sauce.
3. Once it has boiled then add tofu and bring it to a boil again. Add vinegar (1 or 2 tbsp, depending on your taste). Pour the dissolved potato starch to thicken the soup. Then add the beaten eggs but don't mix them in until the eggs are cooked.