Japanese fluffy white bread - Shokupan
A loaf of bread (about 7 x 4.7 x 4.7 inch)
2 hours, 15 minutes
2 hours, 45 minutes
- 340g bread flour ( or 335g/T65 and 5g/gluten flour)
- 230ml water
- 12g whole milk powder
- 30g sugar
- 6g salt
- 32g unsalted butter
- 5g active dry yeast
- 1. Add water, bread flour, (gluten flour), sugar, salt, and milk powder in the pan of your bread machine. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
- 2. After 5 min, add butter and add yeast in the yeast compartment.
- 3. When the dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and place it on a floured surface.
- 4. Punch the dough down and divide it in 3 pieces. Cover it with a dry cloth. Let it rest for about 15min.
- 4. Working with one piece at at time, use a rolling pin, roll the dough back and forth, shaping it into a flat oval. Fold it length-wise both sides onto the centerline. Then roll it up. Place the shaped dough, seam side down, in a greased loaf pan. Repeat with the other dough balls, placing them in the center, and near the other end of the pan.
- Cover and let rise for 40~60min or until the dough rises to 85~90% of the square pan height.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 190℃. Cover the pan with a lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- 6. Unmold and transfer the bread to a cooling rack. Wait till it completely cools down before slicing.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
If you prefer to use a stand mixer rather than a home bakery :
Hi, what is the size of your bread pan? Thank you!
Dans la lune says
Hello! its about 18*12*12cm.
Hi! What if we don’t have yeast dispenser in bread machine? When do we add the yeast to the dough? Thanks!
The yeast should be added last, once the liquid ingredients have started to mix. Enjoy making!
I can’t find milk powder in my local grocery can I substitute it with normal milk? How much should I use thank you ;)
Dans la lune says
Ok in this case I suggest you change the 230ml water into 115ml water + 115ml milk
Amazing thank you so much 🥺🥺💕