2 tbsp your favorite nuts ( I used Praline here) - crushed
1. Line the bottom of a 18 cm circle cake pan (removable bottom) with parchment paper.
2. Process flour, almond powder, sugar, salt and cocoa powder in a food processor for a few seconds and then add butter. Process until mixture becomes crumbly : do not process too much as the dough should be crumbly.
3. Spread the crumbs onto the baking sheet and bake for about 25 mins at 160℃. Remove from the oven. While the crumbs is hot, press them into the bottom, using a spatula. Set the cake pan aside.
4. In a bowl, add the heavy cream and whip to soft peak, set aside.
5. In an another bowl, add mascarpone and sugar. Mix well until soft. Add nutella and mix together well.
6. Soak gelatin sheet in water for a few minutes, then remove from the water and put in a microwave-safe cup. Microwave for about 15 sec at 600W. Melt it completely and pour over the mascarpone mixture (step 5). Mix well.
7. Add whipped cream (step 4) and mix gently with a spatula.
8. Pour the cream mixture into the cake pan. Flat the top of cake and sprinkle crushed nuts over the cake. Chill it until it has set.
2. Flatten the nutella surface, using a bench scraper. Place in the freezer until frozen.
3. In your stand mixer bowl, add plain flour, salt, baking powder, sugar. Hand whisk together to combine.
4. In a heat-safe bowl, add water and milk. Microwave for 15 sec at 600W. Add dry yeast and a dash of sugar(extra), mix. Let it sit for a few minutes.
5. Add this milk mixture and lard to the mixer bowl flour mix from #3. Mix at the lowest speed for 10 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Transfer the dough out to a lightly floured bowl, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for about 1 hour.
7. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a circle shape, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let it sit for 15 minutes (bench time).
8. Take one ball at a time (keep the ther balls covered with the damp cloth so that they don't dry up). Roll out the dough of each ball using a rolling pin until their diameter stretches to about 10 cm. The center should be thicker than the edge.
9. Take 1 frozen nutella dome at a time from the freezer and place in the center of the dough. Wrap and close the dough up to seal from the top. Place the bun seam side down on an individually cut baking paper and cover with a damp towel. Repeat and finish all the buns in this way.
NOTE Cover with a damp towel each time the bun is made to prevent dryness.
10. Arrange the buns in your steamer. Leave some space between buns. Wrap the lid of the steamer with a cloth. Steam for about 8 mins. Turn the heat off and leave the lid closed another 1 min before lifting it.
(If you cannot steam all of them at the same time, then keep them covered and in the fridge while they wait for their turn).
1. In a bowl add egg yolk. Pour the milk in little by little, and mix. Add sugar and mix.
2. Transfer this milk mix into a small pan and heat it up to 75~80℃ over medium heat, turn the heat to low and simmer for 3min.
3. Using a fine mesh filter (your usual sieve will do), strain the milk into a heat-safe bowl, add glucose powder and nutella into the milk mixture. Mix well with a spatula until all is dissolved. Let it cool down completely in a water bath.
4. Once the milk mixture is cooled completely, add heavy cream. Whisk until well combined.
5. Place the mixture in your compressor ice cream maker and let it run according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take 40~60min, depending on how cold the mixture is. In case of doubt, you should let it run until the mixture turns thick and creamy.
6. Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, and let it freeze until you eat!
1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, almond powder and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Mix in the eggs and sugar with a whisk in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add lukewarm melted butter, coconut oil, nutella, milk, gradually and mix together well. Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk it to combine evenly with a whisk.
4. Heat a pizzelle iron and brush lightly with oil or butter. Spoon about 1 table spoon of the batter onto the center of the patterns and cook them until golden brown on both side. Test the cooking time on the first one, because each machine heats differently so it depends on how brown you like your Pizzelles.
Carefully remove pizzelle from iron, and place it on a flat plate. Once cooled, store them in an airtight container to keep them crispy!
1. Start with the Nutella filling. Use a teaspoon and place about 20-25 portions of Nutella on the prepared baking sheet. Place them gently in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes. It will be harder and easy to use it later.
2. Meanwhile, prepare mochi mixture. In a microwave safe glass bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Stir to combine. Add the water slowly and mix with an egg beater until smooth. Cover the bowl with cling wrap.
3. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute. Then, stir the dough with a wet spatula. put it back in the microwave again for another minute. If gets sticky then put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds (not 1 min!). Repeat it until the mixture is very thick and translucent.
4. Transfer the mochi dough on to the surface floured with katakuriko/potato starch, it is very hot so use a spatula. Equally cut the mochi into 20-25 pieces. Don't forget to coat your hand with katakuriko/potato starch.
5. With your hands, take a piece of the ball and flatten it into a circle (about 4 to 5 cm). Then put one piece of nutella ball from the freezer (one at a time as the nutella ball will melt quickly) into the middle of the mochi, pull the edges together to cover the nutella ball, and press together to seal. Smoothen the mochi by rolling it on the dusted board.
Keep in an airtight container.
For a cream filling instead of nutella
i. Pour the cream in a medium size bowl, and add the sugar.
ii. Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Spoon about 1/2 tsp and place about 20-25 portions of jam on the prepared baking sheet and spoon the whipped cream on it gently (See photo).
iii. Place them gently in the freezer for 30 to 40 minutes. It will be harder and easy to use it later.
In this case keep your mochi in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.